Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- Credit: Peter Walsh, Archant Norfolk
A man has appeared in court after being charged with causing death by careless driving.
Maureen Powley, 83, was a front seat passenger in a car which was struck by a VW Bora vehicle at Dereham Road, close to the junction with the A47 near Wendling.
Following the crash, which happened at about 2pm on July 8 last year, the victim was taken to hospital.
But despite treatment for her injuries she later died following a cardiac arrest she suffered in hospital.
Richard Hindry, the driver of the Bora, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday (June 21) charged with causing death by careless driving.
Hindry, of West End, Bradenham, near Thetford, denied the charge.
The case was formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on July 19.
- 1 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 2 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 10 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
Hindry also faces charges of driving without due care and attention and two offences of driving a vehicle with insufficient tread on the tyres.