CCTV images show thieves stealing gas bottles from village hall
- Credit: Swanton Morley Village Hall
Thieves have been captured on CCTV stealing gas bottles from a village hall.
The pair were caught on camera taking the propane gas bottles from Swanton Morley Village Hall at around 8.30pm on Wednesday, October 20.
Roger Atterwill, chairman of the parish council - which manages the hall - said footage indicated the theft was a pre-planned visit.
It showed the hooded culprits arriving and leaving several times, he added, before breaking into a locked steel cage.
"They knew exactly what they were doing and had obviously scouted the place out," said Mr Atterwill, who said he feared rising energy prices could make thefts of this nature more common.
"They knew where the dark spots were, where to walk. They had their bolt-cutters, cut the gas lines and went straight for the gas bottles.
"They were in and out in 10 minutes."
- 1 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 8 Norfolk Tory MP calls for 'serious changes' following Sue Gray report
- 9 Landmark nature project aims to rejuvenate river valley wildlife
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
Parish clerk Kelly Pickard said: "It's really disappointing to see that someone would do this to a village hall which is used by members of the community."