Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- Credit: Sarah Brown
Police have named the woman murdered in her home in a Norfolk village - and revealed she died of a severe head injury.
A man arrested in connection with the murder of Malgorzata Lechanska, following an incident in Shipdham, remains in custody for questioning as investigations continue.
The man in his 30s was arrested on Sunday August 1 following concerns for the safety of Ms Lechanska at an address in Lake Close at 1.21pm.
He is currently being questioned by detectives at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre.
The suspect remains in custody following extra time being granted by Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday August 2.
Pending formal identification and coroner’s inquest proceedings, the family of Ms Lechanska has been informed.
A Home Office post mortem examination has established she died of a severe head injury.
Detective Inspector Lewis Craske, said: "We are looking for information from anyone who may have known Malgorzata or can help us with information around the circumstances leading up to her death.”
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham