Delays on A47 due to collapsed drain
- Credit: Archant
Temporary traffic lights will be installed on the A47 in Mid Norfolk as work is carried out on a collapsed drain.
Traffic has been slow on the busy road since this morning, and motorists have been urged to avoid the area.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: "Traffic lights will be installed on the road and work will be carried out to resolve the problem of the drain. Traffic is still slow. Roadblocks and diversions are in place."
Police were called at 8.41am on Thursday, November 28 to the A47 at Swaffham.
A spokesman said: "There is a collapsed drain in the middle of the Norwich-bound lane, about half a mile from the McDonald's, towards Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
"Highways were called and police have been directing traffic."
Norfolk police tweeted: "#norfolkroads : A47 Eastbound, between Swaffham (McDonald's roundabout) and Necton, Single lane blockage - Traffic is heavy - there will be delays - avoid if possible."
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 9 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 10 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots