Delays on A47 due to collapsed drain
- Credit: Archant
Temporary traffic lights will be installed on the A47 in Mid Norfolk as work is carried out on a collapsed drain.
Traffic has been slow on the busy road since this morning, and motorists have been urged to avoid the area.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: "Traffic lights will be installed on the road and work will be carried out to resolve the problem of the drain. Traffic is still slow. Roadblocks and diversions are in place."
Police were called at 8.41am on Thursday, November 28 to the A47 at Swaffham.
A spokesman said: "There is a collapsed drain in the middle of the Norwich-bound lane, about half a mile from the McDonald's, towards Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
"Highways were called and police have been directing traffic."
Norfolk police tweeted: "#norfolkroads : A47 Eastbound, between Swaffham (McDonald's roundabout) and Necton, Single lane blockage - Traffic is heavy - there will be delays - avoid if possible."
- 1 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 2 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 3 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 4 ‘Overwhelming in a good way’ - Barber shop's new manager, 23
- 5 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight
- 6 Offensive graffiti sprayed on football clubhouse used by children
- 7 Norfolk boys brave cold to raise £1,000 in memory of family member
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Norfolk charities lose up to £120m in pandemic
- 10 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop