Brave Denver to join boxing star Billy Joe Saunders for ring walk at Manchester Arena fight
- Credit: Archant
A Mattishall four-year-old whose inspirational battle with a rare cancer has seen his community rally round to raise thousands will be the special guest of a champion boxer at his next fight.
Little Denver Clinton was diagnosed with the disease in May but is now no longer responding to treatment.
His story has prompted Norwich City players, sporting stars and hundreds of Dereham residents to raise money for the tot to live his dreams in the time he has left.
And now brave Denver will join middleweight champion boxer Billy Joe Saunders at his next fight in Manchester.
Railway Tavern landlord, Paul Sandford, posted on the Denver's Journey Facebook page: 'Billy Joe Saunders has asked Denver to do his ring walk with him at his fight next Saturday at Manchester Arena.
'Denver and his family will be flown by private jet from Norwich and will be special guests at the fight.
You may also want to watch:
'Another great experience for our super hero.'
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place