Dereham churches seek replacement for long-serving rector
- Credit: Archant
The search is on as a group of Norfolk churches looks to bring on board a new rector.
Following the departure of canon reverend Sally Theakston, Dereham and District Team Ministry Benefice has begun searching for a replacement to fill the position of team rector.
As a Crown appointment, the Lord Chancellor must be involved with the selection process.
Helen Dimmock, head of church appointments and ecclesiastical secretary to the Lord Chancellor, joined members of the benefice for a 'get to know you' event.
The meeting and lunch was an opportunity for Ms Dimmock to assess the suitability of applicants as the lengthy selection process gets under way.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, on Saturday September 14 at 7.30pm St Nicholas Church at Dereham has its annual celebrity organ recital called Fanfares, Reflections and Fantastias.
Celebrity organist is James Parsons, founder of the Oundle International Organ Week which hosts aspiring organists.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 7 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
- 8 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 9 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 10 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
His programme includes music by Bach, Buxtehude, Liszt, Matthias and Walton's Crown Imperial.
Entrance is £10 payable on the door. Refreshments available during interval.