Dereham churches seek replacement for long-serving rector
- Credit: Archant
The search is on as a group of Norfolk churches looks to bring on board a new rector.
Following the departure of canon reverend Sally Theakston, Dereham and District Team Ministry Benefice has begun searching for a replacement to fill the position of team rector.
As a Crown appointment, the Lord Chancellor must be involved with the selection process.
Helen Dimmock, head of church appointments and ecclesiastical secretary to the Lord Chancellor, joined members of the benefice for a 'get to know you' event.
The meeting and lunch was an opportunity for Ms Dimmock to assess the suitability of applicants as the lengthy selection process gets under way.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, on Saturday September 14 at 7.30pm St Nicholas Church at Dereham has its annual celebrity organ recital called Fanfares, Reflections and Fantastias.
Celebrity organist is James Parsons, founder of the Oundle International Organ Week which hosts aspiring organists.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 5 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 6 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 7 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
His programme includes music by Bach, Buxtehude, Liszt, Matthias and Walton's Crown Imperial.
Entrance is £10 payable on the door. Refreshments available during interval.