Dereham apartments plan set for approval
Proposals for 14 apartments which could raise funds to improve Dereham's Memorial Hall are being backed by planning officers.Dereham Town Council has applied for permission to build the block of apartments on part of Fleece Meadow, which is behind the hall.
Proposals for 14 apart-ments that could raise funds to improve Dereham Memorial Hall are being backed by planning officers.
Dereham Town Council is seeking permission to build the block on part of Fleece Meadow, behind the hall.
For many years the council has been looking to update the hall, and when it submitted the plans for the new homes it said the proceeds of the sale of land could go towards improve-ments.
The plans provide 14 parking spaces for residents and 10 for visitors and staff using the Memorial Hall. There is also scope to enhance the rest of Fleece Meadow.
The town council, highways officials and the contaminated land officer have raised no objections.
Breckland Council's devel-opment control committee will discuss the application at a meeting on Monday, and officers are recommending approval.
- 1 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 2 Biker taken to hospital after crash involving SUV
- 3 Village chapel could be converted into homes
- 4 Troops parade through Dereham after being given freedom of the town
- 5 Why this Dereham store is attracting athletes from across the UK
- 6 Chance to try leisure centre for free at open day
- 7 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 8 Developer requests not to contribute £100,000 for affordable housing
- 9 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 10 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village