Dereham apartments plan set for approval
Proposals for 14 apartments which could raise funds to improve Dereham's Memorial Hall are being backed by planning officers.Dereham Town Council has applied for permission to build the block of apartments on part of Fleece Meadow, which is behind the hall.
Proposals for 14 apart-ments that could raise funds to improve Dereham Memorial Hall are being backed by planning officers.
Dereham Town Council is seeking permission to build the block on part of Fleece Meadow, behind the hall.
For many years the council has been looking to update the hall, and when it submitted the plans for the new homes it said the proceeds of the sale of land could go towards improve-ments.
The plans provide 14 parking spaces for residents and 10 for visitors and staff using the Memorial Hall. There is also scope to enhance the rest of Fleece Meadow.
The town council, highways officials and the contaminated land officer have raised no objections.
Breckland Council's devel-opment control committee will discuss the application at a meeting on Monday, and officers are recommending approval.
- 1 Man injured teen with catapult after supermarket row
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Volunteer exodus puts future of beloved windmill under threat
- 4 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 5 Huge solar farm proposed near Roman site
- 6 Town centre set to welcome vegan street food truck
- 7 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 8 Decision over funding for Queen Mother's Garden revamp delayed
- 9 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
- 10 Revealed: The 20 areas of Norfolk 'regularly at risk of flooding'