Dereham apartments plan set for approval
Proposals for 14 apartments which could raise funds to improve Dereham's Memorial Hall are being backed by planning officers.Dereham Town Council has applied for permission to build the block of apartments on part of Fleece Meadow, which is behind the hall.
Proposals for 14 apart-ments that could raise funds to improve Dereham Memorial Hall are being backed by planning officers.
Dereham Town Council is seeking permission to build the block on part of Fleece Meadow, behind the hall.
For many years the council has been looking to update the hall, and when it submitted the plans for the new homes it said the proceeds of the sale of land could go towards improve-ments.
The plans provide 14 parking spaces for residents and 10 for visitors and staff using the Memorial Hall. There is also scope to enhance the rest of Fleece Meadow.
You may also want to watch:
The town council, highways officials and the contaminated land officer have raised no objections.
Breckland Council's devel-opment control committee will discuss the application at a meeting on Monday, and officers are recommending approval.
- 1 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 6 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 7 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut