Dereham woman celebrates 80th birthday with hospital fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Dereham has handed over a cheque to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after raising hundreds of pounds on her birthday.
Sheila Brunton celebrated her 80th birthday by holding a party in aid of the hospital and managed to raise £655.
The money has been handed to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and will be spent on improving the environment and equipment for cancer patients.
It is the latest of many donations made by Mrs Brunton after years of fundraising, which has seen her raise thousands of pounds for the hospital.
Fundraising manager, Louise Cook, said: 'We are hugely grateful to Sheila, husband Terry, and all her family and friends who have played their part over the years, raising thousands of pounds for our hospital charity.
You may also want to watch:
'It was lovely that she held her 80th birthday party in support of us.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 8 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences