Community urged to come together ahead of Dereham Carnival for town’s biggest ever boot sale
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
The people behind plans for this year's Dereham Carnival are urging the town to have a clear out ahead of the big day.
It comes following the latest announcement from the committee to host Dereham's Biggest Community Car Boot Trail.
From unwanted clothes to no longer needed baby items or forgotten treasures hiding in the loft, anyone in the town can take part.
Sellers complete an application form via the website, which will ask for details such as an address and the type of items being sold, like toys, furniture, or memorabilia.
Applicants will then be asked to pay a £5 pitch fee, which will enable them to be added to the map.
On the day, sellers set up their stall to be ready for 9am and wait as the buyers work their way around.
Carnival chairman Kerry Doyle said: 'We're hoping that Dereham residents will continue their amazing support and join in with another community fundraiser for the carnival.
- 1 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 2 Biker taken to hospital after crash involving SUV
- 3 Village chapel could be converted into homes
- 4 Troops parade through Dereham after being given freedom of the town
- 5 Why this Dereham store is attracting athletes from across the UK
- 6 Chance to try leisure centre for free at open day
- 7 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 8 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 9 Developer requests not to contribute £100,000 for affordable housing
- 10 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
'Car boot sales are still popular but the trail offers the added bonus of sellers not having to get up too early or drive elsewhere. It's simply a case of setting up in your front garden or similar and making some money from unwanted items.
'We're always taken by surprise at the number of people supporting our events. It really shows what can be achieved with the strong support from a great community like Dereham. 'It's important we can keep adding to carnival funds and ultimately help our chosen charities each year.'
The carnival committee have vowed to make this the biggest year yet and earlier launched the popular Dereham Carnival Rocks initiative. Inspired by the hugely popular Norfolk Rocks group, people are being encouraged to hide decorated rocks around Dereham, ahead of carnival day. More information at the Dereham Carnival Rocks Facebook page.
Earlier this month, they announced plans to hold a fun run ahead of the parade on carnival day.
- Dereham's Biggest Community Car Boot Trail takes place from 9am on Sunday June 24. Maps can be bought on the same say for £1 at Strikes Bowling, where there will also be bacon rolls available.
- For up-to-date information on the carnival visit www.derehamcarnival.co.uk.