Community urged to come together ahead of Dereham Carnival for town’s biggest ever boot sale
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
The people behind plans for this year's Dereham Carnival are urging the town to have a clear out ahead of the big day.
It comes following the latest announcement from the committee to host Dereham's Biggest Community Car Boot Trail.
From unwanted clothes to no longer needed baby items or forgotten treasures hiding in the loft, anyone in the town can take part.
Sellers complete an application form via the website, which will ask for details such as an address and the type of items being sold, like toys, furniture, or memorabilia.
Applicants will then be asked to pay a £5 pitch fee, which will enable them to be added to the map.
On the day, sellers set up their stall to be ready for 9am and wait as the buyers work their way around.
Carnival chairman Kerry Doyle said: 'We're hoping that Dereham residents will continue their amazing support and join in with another community fundraiser for the carnival.
- 1 Man injured teen with catapult after supermarket row
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Volunteer exodus puts future of beloved windmill under threat
- 4 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 5 Town centre set to welcome vegan street food truck
- 6 Huge solar farm proposed near Roman site
- 7 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 8 Decision over funding for Queen Mother's Garden revamp delayed
- 9 Revealed: The 20 areas of Norfolk 'regularly at risk of flooding'
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being punched and kicked in Dereham assault
'Car boot sales are still popular but the trail offers the added bonus of sellers not having to get up too early or drive elsewhere. It's simply a case of setting up in your front garden or similar and making some money from unwanted items.
'We're always taken by surprise at the number of people supporting our events. It really shows what can be achieved with the strong support from a great community like Dereham. 'It's important we can keep adding to carnival funds and ultimately help our chosen charities each year.'
The carnival committee have vowed to make this the biggest year yet and earlier launched the popular Dereham Carnival Rocks initiative. Inspired by the hugely popular Norfolk Rocks group, people are being encouraged to hide decorated rocks around Dereham, ahead of carnival day. More information at the Dereham Carnival Rocks Facebook page.
Earlier this month, they announced plans to hold a fun run ahead of the parade on carnival day.
- Dereham's Biggest Community Car Boot Trail takes place from 9am on Sunday June 24. Maps can be bought on the same say for £1 at Strikes Bowling, where there will also be bacon rolls available.
- For up-to-date information on the carnival visit www.derehamcarnival.co.uk.