Long-standing Dereham car technicians celebrate 25 years on the job
- Credit: Archant
A Dereham Vauxhall retailer is celebrating after two employees have reached 25 years of continuous service.
Gary Coe, 47, and Steven Jarrett, 42, have both worked as vehicle technicians at Thurlow Nunn for the last quarter century - clocking up an impressive 50 years of service between them.
Both men are from Dereham, and say they are 'proud to be such loyal members of a close-knit team.'
Mr Jarrett, who first took his position at the retailer when he was just 17 years-old, said he hasn't looked back since.
He said: 'It seems like only yesterday I first stepped foot onto the forecourt as a fresh-faced teen, and now I've been here for a quarter of a century.
You may also want to watch:
'I can't thank the team enough for all the support they have given me whilst I have been here.'
Mr Coe said he had noticed many changes to the motoring industry over the last 25 years.
- 1 Covid responsible for half of all deaths in worst hit areas of Norfolk
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Dazzling display raises hundreds for hospital charity
- 5 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 6 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 7 Warning of delays ahead of abnormal load escort
- 8 Children's home plans includes emergency housing in converted barn
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
He said: 'The development of the motor trade and the warmth of the team here at Thurlow Nunn has made it a fast-paced and rewarding place to work, and I'm over the moon to be celebrating my 25th year here.
'I thoroughly look forward to what the future years may bring, particularly with the ongoing advancement of the quality and technology of Vauxhall's vehicles.'
To celebrate the anniversary of the technicians' service, Gary Osborn, regional director at Thurlow Nunn in Dereham, rewarded them both with a £250 Red Letter Day voucher each.
Mr Osborn said: 'I would like to extend a huge thank you to Gary and Steven for their continued hard work over the years.
'They are highly valued members of the team that are very much respected by everyone in at the dealership.
'They have consistently delivered a high level of service and continually ensured our customers always drive away happy.
'I look forward to many more years of working alongside them.'
A spokesperson for Thurlow Nunn Dereham addded: 'With a wealth of motoring knowledge acquired over the many years in the trade, both Gary and Steven have consistently provided top-quality support to Dereham motorists.'
To find out more about Thurlow Nunn Dereham, call 01362 700666 or visit the website: www.thurlownunn.co.uk.