Dereham Carnival 2018: Special message sees this float announced as winners of carnival parade
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Women's rights were at the heart of a special float created to take part in this year's Dereham Carnival.
The 1st Shipdham Brownies and 1st Shipham Guides joined forces to pay homage to the votes for women movement.
Assistant leader of the Brownies, Donna Mays, said it had been a project close to their hearts.
'They were all very excited to win first place,' she said.
'They've all embraced this topic, from making rosettes to posters for the float.
You may also want to watch:
'They really took this topic on board, especially after they were so shocked women did not have the right to vote. They now have a better understanding.'
Leader Aimee Southam added: 'We are all very excited.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
One young member said she was 'very pleased we are getting our point across.'