Dereham Carnival 2018: Hundreds enjoy church’s pre-carnival party
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds descended on Dereham Baptist Church's popular pre-carnival party ahead of this year's parade.
Cakes, hot dogs, and drinks were served in abundance to people getting into the festival spirit.
This is the second year the church has organised the free event.
Minister Nigel Bayley said: 'It was really popular last year and this year has not been a disappointment.
'We were meant to open doors at 10am but so many excited people arrived early.
'We want the town to know we are here. We love Dereham and we want people to know we are here to bless the town too.'
Visitors were also treated to carnival style games and crafts, as well as refreshments.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after being punched and kicked in Dereham assault
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 4 'Threat to democracy' - Opposition fears council's constitution change
- 5 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 6 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 7 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 10 Scores in Norfolk caught up in DVLA driving licence delays