Dereham Carnival 2018: Town centre gets yarnbombed by crafty crafters
- Credit: Archant
A mid-Norfolk market town is awash with colour today ahead of its annual carnival.
Dereham Carnival Crafters have been lovingly creating various items to display to welcome visitors and residents within the town.
From colourful caterpillars, cute farm animals, blankets, and post covers, hours have been spent on the eye-catching yarnbombing display.
People have taken to Facebook to express their delight.
Member Judy Rogers thanks everyone for their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
'Brilliant work guys,' she said. 'Thank you for all the marvellous effort.
'Go team carnival!'
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
Dereham resident Anna Gryzowska added: 'Just came through town from a party. I had to smile at the caterpillar. Fantastic, so proud to be even a little part of this.'
Yarnbombing is a type of street art which uses colourful displays of knitted or crocheted yarn.