Dereham couple celebrate Norwich City’s promotion with their new arrival
- Credit: Ian Burt
Little Elsie Grace Jarvis' birth just four hours after City gained promotion capped a perfect day for her Canary-mad family from Dereham.
The bundle of joy was born at 8.45pm on Monday and is the first child for Lauren and Alex Jarvis, of Norwich Road.
With promotion fever gripping the family and the whole county, it didn't take long for Elsie to be pictured with a yellow and green scarf.
She is the first grandchild for Jenny Tullis, who had a seat booked for the Wembley final, but stayed in Norfolk to be there for the birth.
And the new arrival waited long enough for her to see the famous victory on TV before heading to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital when Mrs Jarvis went on to the delivery suite.
Elise is the fourth generation in the family and new great grandmother Eveline Clarke was on a coach returning from the play-off final when she heard the happy news.
Mrs Clarke said: 'It is such wonderful news. My son was on the coach with me and showed me the first picture of Elsie.'
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 3 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 8 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 9 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 10 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat
Mrs Tullis said: 'Two great results in one day!'