Dereham couple celebrate Norwich City’s promotion with their new arrival
- Credit: Ian Burt
Little Elsie Grace Jarvis' birth just four hours after City gained promotion capped a perfect day for her Canary-mad family from Dereham.
The bundle of joy was born at 8.45pm on Monday and is the first child for Lauren and Alex Jarvis, of Norwich Road.
With promotion fever gripping the family and the whole county, it didn't take long for Elsie to be pictured with a yellow and green scarf.
She is the first grandchild for Jenny Tullis, who had a seat booked for the Wembley final, but stayed in Norfolk to be there for the birth.
And the new arrival waited long enough for her to see the famous victory on TV before heading to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital when Mrs Jarvis went on to the delivery suite.
You may also want to watch:
Elise is the fourth generation in the family and new great grandmother Eveline Clarke was on a coach returning from the play-off final when she heard the happy news.
Mrs Clarke said: 'It is such wonderful news. My son was on the coach with me and showed me the first picture of Elsie.'
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
Mrs Tullis said: 'Two great results in one day!'