Dereham cyclist's charity mountain marathon
Last year he cycled 16 mountains in six days and raised more than �2,000 for charity. This year he has set his sights on an even greater challenge - 20 mountains in six days and then a time trial to test his speed after a gruelling week of endurance.
Last year he cycled 16 mountains in six days and raised more than �2,000 for charity.
This year he has set his sights on an even greater challenge - 20 mountains in six days and then a time trial to test his speed after a gruelling week of endurance.
Steve Vyse, who lives in Dereham, is a 40 year old security officer and is looking for sponsorship for his ride of a lifetime which starts on Sunday from Pontarlier in France.
The 535 km route will take him over the Swiss, Italian and French Alps and includes three mountain stages of the recent Tour De France (stages 15, 16 and 17), as well as finishing with the 40 kilometre time trial in Annecy (stage 18).
You may also want to watch:
Mr Vyse is a keen cycling enthusiast and has been training hard for this ride including taking part in the Norwich 100, Wales Dragon Ride (117 miles) and Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge in Wales (107 miles) where he used the Welsh mountains to practice for the Alps event.
He said: 'I am really looking forward to this year's event, although I a sure it will be a real challenge to complete the course. I am hoping to raise another �2,000 for charity but I have found it hard to raise the sponsorship this year.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 3 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 9 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
'I just hope I can raise the cash to make all the agony of the ride worthwhile.'
All proceeds from his ride will go towards supporting Guide Dogs for the Blind Association. If you would like to sponsor him you can do so by visiting www.justgiving.com/stevevyse