Dereham DJ in top competition
A Dereham estate agent will be taking to the decks in Europe's club capital mixing it up alongside world renowned DJs.Lee Rudd, whose DJ alter ego is Ruddaz, will be leaving house details at home in favour of his trance and electronic music when he heads to Ibiza next month.
A Dereham estate agent will be taking to the decks in Europe's club capital, mixing it up alongside world-renowned DJs.
Lee Rudd, whose DJ alter ego is Ruddaz, will take a break from selling property to play his trance and electronic music in Ibiza next month.
The 32-year-old from Dereham beat off competition from across the region in War of the DJs, a competition at Media nightclub in Norwich.
And his prize is to jet off in September to play at revered clubs Eden and Hush as well as a boat party alongside top DJ Brandon Block.
He said: "I was completely made up when it happened. I've entered competitions before and never won. There are a lot younger DJs competing.
"I've been to Ibiza before and it'll be nice to be on the other side of the deck. I'm not sure what I'm going to play yet. I'm going to wait until I'm there and see what the mood is like.
- 1 Man injured teen with catapult after supermarket row
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Volunteer exodus puts future of beloved windmill under threat
- 4 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 5 Huge solar farm proposed near Roman site
- 6 Town centre set to welcome vegan street food truck
- 7 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 8 Decision over funding for Queen Mother's Garden revamp delayed
- 9 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
- 10 Revealed: The 20 areas of Norfolk 'regularly at risk of flooding'
"People who listen to me play know what I do but don't think anything of it. When people I deal with at work like solicitors find out it's a bit of a surprise for them. But it's my alter ego.
"I've been playing since 1996 and have been working my way up since. I've worked hard at it."
And DJing is something his wife Maxine and two-and-a-half-year-old daughter Phoenix-Elise, have learnt to live with. Now Phoenix-Elise has her own set of mini decks to play on.
Ruddaz has had a residency at Norwich-based club night Pams House and, since winning the competition, has been signed up to more venues in the city. But turning his back on the world of valuations is a long way off.
Mr Rudd, who works at Hammond-Lee estate agents in Dereham, said: "Ruddaz is an alter ego. As much as I enjoy it, I love my day job. I've just been promoted to manager. So being successful at this while still DJing would be my dream come true."
Ruddaz organises a monthly night at The Chameleon Bar in Strikes, Dereham, which will next take place on August 16.