Driver stopped on industrial estate with fishing rod was ‘looking for a lake’
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A driver who produced a fishing rod and claimed he was looking for a lake has been charged with numerous driving offences.
Breckland police stopped a car on Greens Road industrial estate, in Dereham, shortly after 9.30pm on Thursday, August 15.
The driver had with him a fishing rod and protested to officers that he was looking for a lake, behaviour which Sgt Marcus Wall called "a bit dubious" in a tweet.
He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of drink driving and disqualified driving, before being taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Kieron Pope, 23, of Hipkin Road in King's Lynn, was later charged with driving while disqualified, driving without insurance and failure to provide a breath specimen.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on bail to appear at King's Lynn Magistrates' Court on Thursday, September 12.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 4 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 5 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
- 8 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk