Dereham gets behind EACH nook appeal to the tune of nearly £1,000
- Credit: Archant
A weekend of fun and fancy dress at a Dereham business helped raised nearly £1,000 for a children's charity.
Customers were greeted by BP M&S staff in fancy dress, and were able to take part in a series of entertaining activities.
The event organised by the filling station chain backed East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) and its vision to transform children's palliative care for Norfolk.
In total the event raised £5,585.71 for the charity's nook appeal, with the Dereham branch raising £959.34.
Sophie Mayes, EACH Norfolk corporate fundraiser, said: 'It was amazing the lengths some of the BP M&S staff went to for this weekend of fundraising and I'm so pleased customers got involved with the activities.
You may also want to watch:
'Building of the nook is progressing well, but we still have some £2 million to raise before it's completed, so support from the business community in Norfolk like this is vital.'
For more information about EACH's nook appeal go to www.each.org.uk/the-nook.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
There were 11 outlets, including Dereham, that got involved across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire:
- Aylsham, Norwich raised £558
- Thousand Guineas, Newmarket raised £327
- Attleborough raised £271.03
- Mousehold, Norwich raised 867.88
- Acle raised £1835
- Rowley Mile, Newmarket raised £86.61
- Thetford raised £390.73
- Hyperion, Newmarket raised £191.20
- Haberden, Bury St Edmunds raised £21
- Whittlesford raised £77.92