Electrician died from industrial disease, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant Library
A 85-year-old man from Dereham died from industrial disease after developing a cancer linked to asbestos exposure, an inquest heard.
Brian Coleman, of Scarning, near Dereham, died at home on Monday, February 18, 2019.
At an inquest held at Norfolk Coroner's Court on Friday, May 17, area coroner Yvonne Blake heard Mr Coleman, a retired electrician who worked on substations, developed mesothelioma and died at his home, in Weldon Road.
Mr Coleman's cause of death was given at the opening of his inquest, on Tuesday, February 26, as sarcomatoid mesothelioma, which is a cancer affecting the lining of organs.
The disease usually linked to exposure to asbestos fibres.
You may also want to watch:
His body had been identified by his wife, Pauline Coleman, who confirmed he was born on June 3, 1933, in Gillingham, Kent.
Ms Blake recorded a conclusion of industrial disease.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham