Firefighters in Dereham called out following reports of a house fire and carbon monoxide concerns
PUBLISHED: 16:43 23 September 2018 | UPDATED: 16:43 23 September 2018
Firefighters from Dereham were called to put out a house fire in a mid-Norfolk village this afternoon.
The call to Norfolk Fire and Rescue came in at around 1.50pm today (Sunday September 23), to reports of a domestic building fire on Abbey Close in Wendling - situated between Beeston and Scarning, near Dereham.
Two appliances from the market town attended but the fire was extinguished before the crews arrived and firefighters proceeded to use a thermal image camera to check for hot spots in the building.
Earlier in the day, at around 7.15am, appliances from Dereham and Carrow also attended Moorgate Road in the town.
This was due to a carbon monoxide alarm activation.
The crews were later stood down as it was found to be a false alarm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dereham Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.