Firefighters in Dereham called out following reports of a house fire and carbon monoxide concerns
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters from Dereham were called to put out a house fire in a mid-Norfolk village this afternoon.
The call to Norfolk Fire and Rescue came in at around 1.50pm today (Sunday September 23), to reports of a domestic building fire on Abbey Close in Wendling - situated between Beeston and Scarning, near Dereham.
Two appliances from the market town attended but the fire was extinguished before the crews arrived and firefighters proceeded to use a thermal image camera to check for hot spots in the building.
Earlier in the day, at around 7.15am, appliances from Dereham and Carrow also attended Moorgate Road in the town.
This was due to a carbon monoxide alarm activation.
You may also want to watch:
The crews were later stood down as it was found to be a false alarm.
- 1 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 2 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 3 Gym set to host fundraiser for brave youngster Logan
- 4 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 5 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 6 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 7 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 8 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 9 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead
- 10 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages