Firefighters in Dereham called out following reports of a house fire and carbon monoxide concerns
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters from Dereham were called to put out a house fire in a mid-Norfolk village this afternoon.
The call to Norfolk Fire and Rescue came in at around 1.50pm today (Sunday September 23), to reports of a domestic building fire on Abbey Close in Wendling - situated between Beeston and Scarning, near Dereham.
Two appliances from the market town attended but the fire was extinguished before the crews arrived and firefighters proceeded to use a thermal image camera to check for hot spots in the building.
Earlier in the day, at around 7.15am, appliances from Dereham and Carrow also attended Moorgate Road in the town.
This was due to a carbon monoxide alarm activation.
The crews were later stood down as it was found to be a false alarm.
- 1 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 2 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 3 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 4 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 6 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 7 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 8 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 9 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 10 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car