Dereham go-karter Luke Cousins picks up special award
A teenage go-karter who has won 22 first place trophies over the past year was awarded a special cup from former Formula One driver Martin Donnelly.
Luke Cousins, 16, of Dereham, who is a student at Dereham Sixth Form College, was awarded a trophy for Rookie of the Year at Ellough Park Raceway, near Beccles.
Luke, pictured, works part time at the Anglia Karting Centre's track in North Pickenham, where he started taking part in friendly races between friends and family.
After winning several junior team races, he was picked to compete against senior drivers at Ellough Park and now drives a twin engine pro-kart.
Last year, Luke competed with professional drivers from across Britain in the prestigious club 100 race, which is held at Ellough Park Raceway each year. He won the qualifying race and came third in the main event.
You may also want to watch:
This year, Luke aims to participate in a full season of club 100 races, which will take him across Britain against top drivers.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 6 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 7 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences