Dereham landlord helps to raise hundreds of pounds for military charity supporting children
- Credit: Archant
A charity music day has raised hundreds of pounds for a military charity to help support children who have lost a parent serving in the forces.
Organised by Paul Sandford, landlord at the Railway Tavern, off Yaxham Road, Dereham, a Christmas music day raised £825 for the local cause, based in Kings Lynn.
Mr Sandford said there was always 'a lot of support' for the Tavern's fundraising events.
'It was nice to keep it local,' he said. 'I know a lot of people who have been helped by Scotty's too.'
Mr Sandford recently handed the cheque over to a representative from Scotty's Little Soldiers.
You may also want to watch:
Inspired by the experience of Army widow Nikki Scott, the charity honours her husband, Corporal Lee Scott, and his memory as both a soldier and a father.
For more information about the charity visit the website www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk or ring 08000 928 571.
- 1 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 6 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 7 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 8 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children