Dereham landlord helps to raise hundreds of pounds for military charity supporting children
- Credit: Archant
A charity music day has raised hundreds of pounds for a military charity to help support children who have lost a parent serving in the forces.
Organised by Paul Sandford, landlord at the Railway Tavern, off Yaxham Road, Dereham, a Christmas music day raised £825 for the local cause, based in Kings Lynn.
Mr Sandford said there was always 'a lot of support' for the Tavern's fundraising events.
'It was nice to keep it local,' he said. 'I know a lot of people who have been helped by Scotty's too.'
Mr Sandford recently handed the cheque over to a representative from Scotty's Little Soldiers.
You may also want to watch:
Inspired by the experience of Army widow Nikki Scott, the charity honours her husband, Corporal Lee Scott, and his memory as both a soldier and a father.
For more information about the charity visit the website www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk or ring 08000 928 571.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown