Dereham Market Place closed due to fears over unsafe scaffolding
- Credit: Archant
Police have been forced to close a section of road on Dereham Market Place due to windy conditions causing scaffolding to become unsafe.
Norfolk police were called just before 9am due to concerns about the scaffolding above Poundland hanging loose.
Officers have closed a 30m stretch of the road to make the area safe for passersby.
The scaffolding company have been informed and will secure the loose scaffolding on their arrival in Dereham.
Have you been affected by adverse weather conditions in the Dereham area? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 5 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 6 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 7 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 8 Resurfacing work begins on A1067 carriageway
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Dereham soccer academy win national championship