Messy event welcomes surprise visitor for fun and games
- Credit: Archant
A group of children got the chance to have some extra messy fun when they welcomed a surprise visitor.
Dereham's town mayor, Hilary Bushell, visited the children at St Nicholas Parish Church during its Messy Church event.
The theme of the morning was Harvest and the Harvest of the Sea with an emphasis on sharing harvest produce.
There were plenty of activities to keep busy, including arts and crafts which involved making story cards, stencilling, 'catch a ball' fishes, and picnic placemats.
Spokesperson for the church, Evelyn Speed, said: 'The activities kept everybody messy.'
You may also want to watch:
Canon Sally Theakston also led a game of 'beans' and story and worship time enabled Mrs Bushell to tell the children who she was and what her job as mayor involved.
Refreshments included fish finger rolls donated by Iceland and fresh fruit baskets and cakes.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 9 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 10 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
The next Messy Church will take place around New Year.