Dereham murder victim laid to rest
Ian Clarke The daughter of a Dereham woman murdered in her own home said that the family “would stick together to get justice for her.”Elaine Walpole, 47, - previously known as Elaine Prince - was killed in April at her flat at Dreibholz Court, off Norwich Road.
The daughter of a Dereham woman murdered in her own home said that the family “would stick together to get justice for her.”
Elaine Walpole, 47, - previously known as Elaine Prince - was killed in April at her flat at Dreibholz Court, off Norwich Road.
About 100 people attended her funeral service at Dereham's St Nicholas Church and one of her daughters Kirsty led tributes to her and said: “She was too young to be taken.”
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about her mum, Kirsty added: “You died in the worst fate possible. We stick together to get justice for you.”
Two poems found in Elaine's flat - called When I Must Leave You and When Tomorrow Starts Without Me - were read out during the service.
- 1 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 2 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 3 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Three marathons in three weekends - Dereham runner's amazing charity effort
- 6 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 7 Enhanced play area unveiled following £23,000 revamp
- 8 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 9 Dereham Golf Club full of pride after juniors represent Norfolk
- 10 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
The Sugar Babes' song Change and also the ballad Absent Friends were played over the church's speaker system as Elaine's coffin was brought in and taken out.
Dereham curate the Rev David Hill - who took the service - said Elaine's death had been a “terrible tragedy.”
“She has been released from this world's cruelty and we pray justice will be done.”
A 16-year-old boy from Toftwood has been remanded in custody accused of her murder and is awaiting trial at Norwich Crown Court.