High school performs ancient Greek tale for annual production
- Credit: Archant
Students at a mid-Norfolk high school took to the stage to perform an ancient Greek tale for their annual production.
Neatherd High School's modern version of The Golden Masque of Agamemnon took place at Dereham Memorial Hall and saw students reenact the tale of of blood, sacrifice, murder and revenge.
The show provided an opportunity for many familiar Neatherd actors to show their talent, including Adam Littleproud, who gave a compelling performance as the arrogant Agamemnon, with Bradley Dack as the son who is tasked with avenging his father by murdering his mother Queen Clytemnestra, played by Lily Tarsey.
Other notable performances came from Pearl Williams-Eley as the dignified but defeated Queen Hecuba and her daughter, Cassandra, was performed by Holly Gibson.
Narration was provided by Eddie Hill and Zayna Tarabay, who kept the audience up-to-date with the many twists and turns.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 6 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47