Mid-Norfolk schools compete in cross country trials
- Credit: Archant
A school in Dereham has hosted the Mid-Norfolk cross country trials, bringing together runners from across the region.
Neatherd High School, which has been hosting the sports event since 1985, greeted more than 120 pupils from five different schools on Tuesday as they each took part in a variety of different races on the Neatherd moor.
The top eight finishers from each race have now qualified to represent Mid-Norfolk in the county trials held at Sloughbottom Park in Norwich on January 23.
Of the 48 runners heading to the Norfolk trials, 18 are from Neatherd, 12 Northgate, 13 Litcham and 5 from Iceni.
The runners will be looking to qualify for the Nationals held in a different county later on this year.
Speaking of the event, Nigel Miller, head of PE at Neatherd, said: 'Our runners did really well this year. We are sure they will do us proud again when they represent Mid-Norfolk at the trials in two weeks' time.'
- 1 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 8 Landmark nature project aims to rejuvenate river valley wildlife
- 9 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 10 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area