Mid-Norfolk schools compete in cross country trials
- Credit: Archant
A school in Dereham has hosted the Mid-Norfolk cross country trials, bringing together runners from across the region.
Neatherd High School, which has been hosting the sports event since 1985, greeted more than 120 pupils from five different schools on Tuesday as they each took part in a variety of different races on the Neatherd moor.
The top eight finishers from each race have now qualified to represent Mid-Norfolk in the county trials held at Sloughbottom Park in Norwich on January 23.
Of the 48 runners heading to the Norfolk trials, 18 are from Neatherd, 12 Northgate, 13 Litcham and 5 from Iceni.
The runners will be looking to qualify for the Nationals held in a different county later on this year.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking of the event, Nigel Miller, head of PE at Neatherd, said: 'Our runners did really well this year. We are sure they will do us proud again when they represent Mid-Norfolk at the trials in two weeks' time.'
- 1 'Singing in their seats' - Pubs promise loud atmosphere for England game
- 2 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 3 Your Say - What should replace Dereham's Prezzo?
- 4 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 5 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Town pub revamped as carveries prove a hit
- 9 Man in 30s left in need of surgery after serious assault
- 10 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique