Mid-Norfolk schools compete in cross country trials
- Credit: Archant
A school in Dereham has hosted the Mid-Norfolk cross country trials, bringing together runners from across the region.
Neatherd High School, which has been hosting the sports event since 1985, greeted more than 120 pupils from five different schools on Tuesday as they each took part in a variety of different races on the Neatherd moor.
The top eight finishers from each race have now qualified to represent Mid-Norfolk in the county trials held at Sloughbottom Park in Norwich on January 23.
Of the 48 runners heading to the Norfolk trials, 18 are from Neatherd, 12 Northgate, 13 Litcham and 5 from Iceni.
The runners will be looking to qualify for the Nationals held in a different county later on this year.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking of the event, Nigel Miller, head of PE at Neatherd, said: 'Our runners did really well this year. We are sure they will do us proud again when they represent Mid-Norfolk at the trials in two weeks' time.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages