Dereham students ‘share in the magic’ at national Harry Potter Night event
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Students at a Dereham high school had their quills and scrolls ready as they took part in an event to celebrate the magic of Harry Potter.
Pupils at Dereham's Neatherd High School enjoyed national Harry Potter Night, on Thursday, February 7 from 4pm to 6.30pm in the library.
For the magical sum of £3 students experienced meeting real owls, tried their hands at a game of pong Quidditch or a wizarding duel, and could even sample the bestselling book's famous Butterbeers.
Librarian Lorraine Gill said: 'They come through our Platform Nine and 3/4 and get sorted into houses.
'Every year libraries, schools and bookshops all celebrate Harry Potter books.
You may also want to watch:
'It's getting back to basics - a lot of them haven't read the books, so it's bringing them to a new generation and it's something they can share with their families.
'It's a nice way for them to share in the magic.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
The event was attended by publisher Bloomsbury, who filmed a promotional video.
For a chance to be featured in the film, share your photos from Harry Potter events around the country with the hashtag #HarryPotterNight.