Dereham Oddfellows society announces latest series of autumn events
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2008
A Dereham friendship society has announced its two latest events.
Oddfellows Dereham will host talks on Jack the Ripper, and the experiences and poetry of a cancer survivor at their new Dereham venue throughout autumn and winter.
The Wellspring Family Centre, on Neatherd Road, will welcome Sue Parry for her talk on the infamous - and unidentified - serial killer, on Tuesday, November 14, at 2.15pm.
Complete with slides, the talk will cover the potential suspects.
Meanwhile, on Tuesday, December 12, at the same time, the society will host an afternoon with poet and breast cancer survivor, Rachel McCrone.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets to each event cost £2 for Oddfellows members, but are open to all, with non-member tickets priced at £2.50.
Light refreshments and a raffle, in aid of the Oddfellows' charity of the year, Nelson's Journey, are also on offer.
- 1 Your Say: Should face masks be made a legal requirement again?
- 2 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 3 Buses delayed by queues at petrol stations
- 4 Zara, 8, conquers virtual mountain climb amid mum's cancer battle
- 5 Stunning aerial photo shows Norfolk cemetery shaped like a leaf
- 6 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 7 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church