Winners announced for Dereham Peace Day window display competition
- Credit: Archant
A butcher's shop and hair and beauty salon have shared top honours in a competition to find the best Dereham Peace Day decorated window display.
A total of 34 shops, businesses and pubs took part and judges were hugely impressed with the standard of entries and the effort put in.
Family heirlooms, wartime memorabilia, old pictures and bunting were among the items used in displays.
Peace Day committee chairman Judy Rogers said: "We were bowled over by the quality of work and the creativity shown. It was absolutely brilliant."
The joint winners were Tony Perkins in Norwich Street and George's On The High Street.
You may also want to watch:
Both had used a wide range of items from the period to decorate their windows and staff had dressed up in costumes on the day of judging.
Judges gave highly commended mentions to Harris Hardware in the Market Place, Costa in Nelson Place, PACT Animal Sanctuary shop in Norwich Street and I Care in the Market Place.
- 1 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 2 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 3 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown