Dereham school receives funding for international exchange
- Credit: Archant
A group of students from Dereham are set to embark on an international exchange to Spain.
It is part of a new £2.5 million Department for Education programme in partnership with the British Council, and will see a group from Northgate High School and Dereham Sixth Form College venture overseas.
The pupils will spend a week linking up with the market town's partner school IES Pilar Lorengar, in Zaragoza, to learn about Spanish culture, history and language.
They will be staying with host families during the exchange.
Mr Everett, head of languages, said: "We are very proud to have been the first school in the country to apply for the new funding and we are very pleased to be awarded the grant."
You may also want to watch:
A group of year 10 and 12 students from the school and sixth form will travel in June and reconnect with students who visited the United Kingdom earlier this year.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 5 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 6 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 7 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences