‘He can be world champion’ - Dereham racer gets backing from global firm
- Credit: Archant
A talented kart racer has secured the support of a global company in his pursuit of F1 greatness.
Josh Vallance, from Dereham, has been winning kart races since the age of nine and was recently identified as having similar racing attributes to drivers on the Formula 1 grid.
Having won this year's WMKC Junior Rotax Championship, the 15-year-old has earned the backing of professional services firm, Aon.
In the past Aon has sponsored sporting heavyweights including Manchester United, and now its support has stretched to Josh as he prepares for the 2020 season.
Howard Grosvenor, from Aon department cut-e, said: "The base skills inherent in talented champions are the same the world over: self-motivation and a driven, enquiring intellect.
You may also want to watch:
"Josh has both these qualities, which allow him to take on relevant information quickly and drive faster than the competition.
"There is no doubt in my mind, Josh has all the abilities to become a world champion."
- 1 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 2 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 3 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 4 ‘Overwhelming in a good way’ - Barber shop's new manager, 23
- 5 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight
- 6 Offensive graffiti sprayed on football clubhouse used by children
- 7 Norfolk boys brave cold to raise £1,000 in memory of family member
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Norfolk charities lose up to £120m in pandemic
- 10 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop
Josh is also supported by Ipswich-based Burland Technology Solutions and driver development company V1 Logic.