Dereham resident completes intensive Navy training course
- Credit: Archant
A Dereham resident has successfully completed an intensive training course and been formally commissioned as a Royal Navy Officer.
Helena Fox, 24, completed a 30-week course, which primarily took place at the Britannia Royal Naval College in Dartmouth and included a six-week stretch on board the assault ship HMS Ocean.
The completion of her training was celebrated by a passing-out parade at the college.
With the completion of her training Ms Fox will now join HMS Raleigh to begin specialised training as a logistics officer.
She said: 'It's strange to think how much we've all done and accomplished in that time. It was an intensive, fast-paced program with ups and downs, but ultimately it was a rewarding and enjoyable experience.
You may also want to watch:
'The focus now has shifted onto life after Dartmouth, and I cannot wait to begin my specialist branch training.'
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47