Man taken to hospital with limb-threatening injury after Yaxham crash
- Credit: Archant
A male patient, thought to be in his 70s, was trapped in his car and had to be extricated by crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Three fire engines from Dereham, Watton and Earlham were called to the accident on the Dereham Road at Yaxham this afternoon, , as well as the police and ambulance services.
The fire services used hydraulic equipment to free the man from the vehicle.
The road was currently shut in both directions for some time.
The Suffolk Accident Rescue Service critical care paramedic treated the patient at the scene for a limb-threatening injury before accompanying him to hospital..
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 3 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 4 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 7 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 8 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 9 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 10 Crash on A47 causes delays and bus disruption