Man taken to hospital with limb-threatening injury after Yaxham crash
- Credit: Archant
A male patient, thought to be in his 70s, was trapped in his car and had to be extricated by crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Three fire engines from Dereham, Watton and Earlham were called to the accident on the Dereham Road at Yaxham this afternoon, , as well as the police and ambulance services.
The fire services used hydraulic equipment to free the man from the vehicle.
The road was currently shut in both directions for some time.
The Suffolk Accident Rescue Service critical care paramedic treated the patient at the scene for a limb-threatening injury before accompanying him to hospital..
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham