Man taken to hospital with limb-threatening injury after Yaxham crash
- Credit: Archant
A male patient, thought to be in his 70s, was trapped in his car and had to be extricated by crews from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Three fire engines from Dereham, Watton and Earlham were called to the accident on the Dereham Road at Yaxham this afternoon, , as well as the police and ambulance services.
The fire services used hydraulic equipment to free the man from the vehicle.
The road was currently shut in both directions for some time.
The Suffolk Accident Rescue Service critical care paramedic treated the patient at the scene for a limb-threatening injury before accompanying him to hospital..
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 5 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 6 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 7 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 8 Resurfacing work begins on A1067 carriageway
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Dereham soccer academy win national championship