Dereham roadworks delayed one week
Roadworks planned to take place on one of Dereham's main roads have been delayed by a week.The �150,000 project to resurface Commercial Road and improve the pavements was due to start at the beginning of this week but it will now begin on Monday.
Roadworks planned to take place on one of Dereham's main roads have been delayed by a week.
The �150,000 project to resurface Commercial Road and improve the pavements was due to start at the beginning of this week but it will now begin on Monday.
The first part of the work will be to widen the pavement on the east side of Commercial Road from Norwich Street to the police station which is expected to take three weeks.
During this time the stretch of road from the police station to London Road will be open to traffic. However the one way system will be suspended and instead traffic will be allowed to travel in both directions with temporary traffic lights at the car park entrance and the narrowest point of Commercial Road.
This arrangement will then continue during the first stage of resurfacing work but for the last few days the stretch between the police station and London Road will be closed as the resurfacing work moves to that section.
The stretch from Norwich Street to the car park will then be reopened with traffic allowed in both directions and temporary traffic lights.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 9 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
The resurfacing work will be expected to take one week in total.
During the work the council will also temporarily suspend the one way system north of Georges Road to enable access for delivery vehicles.