Dereham's Christmas lights go live Sunday
A skating rink, live music from talented local acts and a raft of charity stalls.They are among the attractions for offer thousands of people who will pack into Dereham Market Place on Sunday as the town's s Christmas lights are switched on.
A skating rink, live music from talented local acts and a raft of charity stalls.
They are among the attractions for offer thousands of people who will pack into Dereham Market Place on Sunday as the town's s Christmas lights are switched on.
The 11m x 22m rink will be in front of the cinema and be available from 1pm. Sessions lasting 20 minutes will cost �1.
Charity stalls, the fun fair and the craft fair in the council chamber will also be running from 1pm, as will the programme of live entertainment on the stage, which this year will be front of the off licence/Barnado's shop facing into the Market Place.
You may also want to watch:
Those performing are David Woodgett and Friends, singing duo Beth and George, Roger James and His Amazing Student Band, Keely Rayner and the Mid Norfolk Singers with clarinet quartet.
Santa will be in his grotto in Barclays Bank from 2pm.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
The lights will be switched on at 4.30pm.
David Ovenden, chairman of the Dereham Christmas Lights Partnership, said: 'There will be something for all the family to enjoy from live music to the extensive fun fair, Santa's grotto, various charity and craft stalls and for the first time an 'ice' skating rink, culminating in the big switch-on at 4.30pm. It's a great day out and attracts some 3500-4000 people into the Market Place during the course of the afternoon.'
Committee member George Hayes added: 'We want to give a big thank you to all those who have helped with organising the event, in particular to those companies, individuals and organisations who have donated money or gifts towards the lights and the other activities.
'A special thank you goes to the Dereham Town Council for their help in the organisation and for providing investment in the lights and Christmas tree, also the chamber of trade for a major contribution towards sponsoring the event.'
For more information contact George Hayes on 07884 263241 or e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org.