Dereham’s Co-op supermarket gives boost to Caring Friends for Cancer charity
- Credit: Margaret Barrett
A Dereham charity has received a cheque for £1,198 thanks to a supermarket loyalty scheme.
The Co-operative store in the centre of Dereham has been asking its customers to join a scheme where they get a bonus, but also local charities benefit too.
Caring Friends for Cancer was lucky enough to have been chosen to be one of those charities and were presented with a third share of the monies raised by the store.
Margaret Barrett, from the charity, said: 'We would like to thank all the staff, particularly Mike and Bridget, for making us so welcome.
'We look forward to working with them again in the future.
You may also want to watch:
'With their help and the generosity of the Co-op customers we will be able to continue to offer therapies, respite stays away from home, and a sympathetic atmosphere in the Conference Room at Wetherspoons each Friday, 10.30am -2.30pm.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000