Dereham’s Meeting Point offers Valentine fun and a Sunday lunch
- Credit: Shonette Mooney
Members, families and friends enjoyed a special Valentine's lunch at Dereham Meeting Point on Sunday.
They all enjoyed a two course Sunday lunch and entertainment.
Manager Shonette Mooney said it was a trial run as the centre was thinking of opening once a month on a Sunday.
She said: 'It can be a very lonely day for people on their own.'
Over 38 people enjoyed the day with entertainment in the morning from Val Medler's sing together group and then Mr Mix in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
All the ladies were given a red rose and fun was had by all.
Dereham Meeting Point was established in 1986, as a place for the disabled and over 55s to meet and socialise. It is open at the Jubilee Suite on St Withburga Lane on Monday and Thursdays from 9am to 3pm and on Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays from 9am to 4pm. To find out more contact Shonette Mooney on 01362 698866.
- 1 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 2 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected