Dereham’s Meeting Point offers Valentine fun and a Sunday lunch
- Credit: Shonette Mooney
Members, families and friends enjoyed a special Valentine's lunch at Dereham Meeting Point on Sunday.
They all enjoyed a two course Sunday lunch and entertainment.
Manager Shonette Mooney said it was a trial run as the centre was thinking of opening once a month on a Sunday.
She said: 'It can be a very lonely day for people on their own.'
Over 38 people enjoyed the day with entertainment in the morning from Val Medler's sing together group and then Mr Mix in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
All the ladies were given a red rose and fun was had by all.
Dereham Meeting Point was established in 1986, as a place for the disabled and over 55s to meet and socialise. It is open at the Jubilee Suite on St Withburga Lane on Monday and Thursdays from 9am to 3pm and on Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays from 9am to 4pm. To find out more contact Shonette Mooney on 01362 698866.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards