Building society opens its doors for charity as a food donation drop-off point
- Credit: Archant
With Christmas just two months away, a building society has pledged to help those less fortunate during the festive season.
A team from The Nottingham in Dereham have arranged for their town centre location to be a donation drop-off point for the Mid Norfolk Foodbank.
Colleagues, Michelle Watson and Kayleigh Capps, are also getting ready to volunteer at the charity's distribution warehouse.
It follows The Nottingham's pledge to serve the communities it serves by giving all team members two days' paid leave for volunteering.
Customer Services Assistant, Ms Watson, said: 'We're always looking for ways to support and give back to our local community, so when we heard about the foodbank's great work we simply had to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
'We will be the only drop-off point in the centre of Dereham so we are hoping lots of kind-hearted people will visit us and make a donation or two.'
Anyone wanting to donate non-perishable food items can do so by taking the items during business hours to The Nottingham at 4 High Street, Dereham, NR19 1DR.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
The Mid Norfolk Foodbank is part of a nationwide network of foodbanks, supported by The Trussell Trust, working to combat poverty and hunger across the UK.
For more information, visit www.midnorfolk.foodbank.org.uk.