Dereham's parking to remain free
Parking in Dereham is set to remain free despite proposals to introduce charges in another Breckland town.A radical look at car parking in Attleborough is on the cards following a detailed study in the town.
PARKING in Dereham is set to remain free despite proposals to introduce charges in another Breckland town.
A radical look at car parking in Attleborough is on the cards following a detailed study in the town.
A group of students from the Norwich Business School were commissioned to look at the issues in Attleborough. They presented a report to the council's parking task and finish group on Thursday.
One idea was to introduce some parking charges - with two hours free, a minimal charge between two and four hours and higher charges for longer periods.
You may also want to watch:
The recommendations and comments from people in the town and the town council are to be considered by Breckland in the new year and a public meeting is set to be held in February.
Breckland has no plans to impose any charges in the other Breckland towns of Dereham, Thetford, Watton and Swaffham.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards