Dereham's parking to remain free
Parking in Dereham is set to remain free despite proposals to introduce charges in another Breckland town.A radical look at car parking in Attleborough is on the cards following a detailed study in the town.
PARKING in Dereham is set to remain free despite proposals to introduce charges in another Breckland town.
A radical look at car parking in Attleborough is on the cards following a detailed study in the town.
A group of students from the Norwich Business School were commissioned to look at the issues in Attleborough. They presented a report to the council's parking task and finish group on Thursday.
One idea was to introduce some parking charges - with two hours free, a minimal charge between two and four hours and higher charges for longer periods.
The recommendations and comments from people in the town and the town council are to be considered by Breckland in the new year and a public meeting is set to be held in February.
Breckland has no plans to impose any charges in the other Breckland towns of Dereham, Thetford, Watton and Swaffham.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 5 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 6 Road closures to be put in place for Queen's Dragoon Guards parade
- 7 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 8 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park