Town’s Sports Direct branch opens for one last weekend before closing its doors permanently
- Credit: Archant
A popular high street chain will be closing its doors in a mid-Norfolk market town for the final time after the weekend.
As reported last month , Dereham's Sports Direct will be closing its doors permanently on Tuesday March 19.
The manager of the Wright's Walk branch confirmed the closure but said he was unable to comment on the reasons behind it.
An extra 20pc discount has been added to some lines ahead of the store shutting down next week.
Many residents and shoppers to the town expressed their shock via social media at the time.
The store is located within the town's shopping centre but will join other well-known high street chains which have also closed in the town, including New Look and WH Smith .
The Dereham Shopping Centre, where Sports Direct is based, was put up for sale for £9.5m at the end of last year .
You may also want to watch:
The shopping centre was developed in 2005 to provide a new retail pedestrian loop and to improve the parking provision for the centre of Dereham.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist