Worship time makes it the best Messy Church yet
- Credit: Archant
It was the best Messy Church yet.
That was the comment from spokeswoman Evelyn Speed after Good Friday's event at St Nicholas' Church in Dereham.
She said: 'Children made Easter gardens, Easter baskets with mini-eggs and chicks, cross bookmarks, finger puppets, and decorated rabbit biscuits.
'Plenty of games and activities were also available to make this a very successful morning, which ended with a short, simple worship time and refreshments of hot cross buns and Cadbury Creme eggs, donated by East of England Co-op and Morrison's Community Champions.
'So many wonderful photographs were taken on the day including one of the youngsters who were able to examine the empty tomb on the wall hanging created by verger David Webster.
You may also want to watch:
'Everybody can attend these free family fun mornings, as no charge is made, which we know helps some families in need. The next session will be on Tuesday, May 29, 10am to 11.30am.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide