Dereham sat nav thief turned himself in
Ian ClarkeA 31-year-old man went to a police station to admit stealing a sat nav before the owner realised it was missing, a court heard on Tuesday.Norwich Crown Court heard that the victim had not locked her car and left her sat nav in it and Andrew Nye took it.Ian Clarke
A 31-year-old man went to a police station to admit stealing a sat nav before the owner realised it was missing, a court heard on Tuesday.
Norwich Crown Court heard that the victim had not locked her car and left her sat nav in it and Andrew Nye took it.
The woman only realised several days later, but which time Nye had been to Watton Police Station to tell officers what he had done.
Michael Clare, mitigating, said: 'He recognised that he needed pointing in the right direction.'
He said Nye had 'turned a corner.'
Nye, of Norwich Street, Dereham, admitted theft and asked for four other offences to be considered.
- 1 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 2 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 4 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 5 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 6 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
Recorder Christopher Makey deferred sentencing for six months to give Nye a chance to prove himself.