Dereham sat nav thief turned himself in
Ian ClarkeA 31-year-old man went to a police station to admit stealing a sat nav before the owner realised it was missing, a court heard on Tuesday.Norwich Crown Court heard that the victim had not locked her car and left her sat nav in it and Andrew Nye took it.Ian Clarke
A 31-year-old man went to a police station to admit stealing a sat nav before the owner realised it was missing, a court heard on Tuesday.
Norwich Crown Court heard that the victim had not locked her car and left her sat nav in it and Andrew Nye took it.
The woman only realised several days later, but which time Nye had been to Watton Police Station to tell officers what he had done.
Michael Clare, mitigating, said: 'He recognised that he needed pointing in the right direction.'
You may also want to watch:
He said Nye had 'turned a corner.'
Nye, of Norwich Street, Dereham, admitted theft and asked for four other offences to be considered.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
Recorder Christopher Makey deferred sentencing for six months to give Nye a chance to prove himself.