Dereham school reunion planned
Ian ClarkeFormer Dereham high school students are expected to fly in from as far afield as Australia and the USA as the classes of 1969-75 gather for a nostalgic reunion.Ian Clarke
Former Dereham high school students are expected to fly in from as far afield as Australia and the USA as the classes of 1969-75 gather for a nostalgic reunion.
Les Heyhoe and Linda Baines (nee Stewart) have joined forces to line up the get together on Saturday August 29 for people who attended Dereham boys and girls schools during that period.
The Memorial Hall has been booked for the event, which will run from 7pm-midnight.
Fancy dress of the 1960/70s is optional. Tickets are �15 per person and the cost includes the expenditure for a hog roast, licensed bar, staff and security, group and evening raffle and fancy dress prizes.
A disco will be provided by Dereham's well known DJ Mick Smith - Les' best man in 1977 - who in the 1970's fronted 'Stroboscania Disco' appearing at the Sunshine Floor, Memorial Hall and other well known venues.
The event is also open to all family and friends together with guests but it is on a first come first paid basis and the numbers are limited to 300.
- 1 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving car and tractor
- 4 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 5 Boris Johnson expected to announce easing of Covid-19 Plan B restrictions
- 6 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
- 9 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 10 Royal British Legion branch to celebrate 100th anniversary
Any profits will be given to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Enquiries have already been received from around the world with some ex-pupils having already contacted Mr Heyhoe who are flying to the UK from Australia and the USA.
Tickets are available from Mrs Baines - who still lives in Dereham - on 01362 696467/07810 446676 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Mr Heyhoe, who is now in Hampshire, can be contacted on 02392 357181/07950 934888 or at email@example.com.