Dereham Scout leaders hailed
THREE Scout leaders from Dereham have been recognised for their outstanding achievements by the Chief Scout Peter Duncan. David and Claudette Webster and Chris Willett were each recognised in the annual St George's Day Awards.
THREE Scout leaders from Dereham have been recognised for their outstanding achievements by the Chief Scout Peter Duncan.
David and Claudette Webster and Chris Willett were each recognised in the annual St George's Day Awards.
David Webster was awarded the Silver Wolf 'in recognition of services to Scouting of the most exceptional nature' and Claudette Webster and Chris Willett were awarded the Silver Acorn for 'specially distinguished service'
David started his career in Scouting as a Cub Scout and has been an active leader of the 1st Dereham Scout Group for many years. His current role is supporting the local Scouting district as nights away adviser, supporting new leaders by organising camping opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Claudette has also been a member of 1st Dereham Scout Group for many years, holding several appointments, presently as group Scout leader. She is on hand to support the Scout group with fundraising ventures, camping trips, activities for the various sections and supporting leaders in their respective roles.
Chris has also supported Scouting for more than 25 years, more recently in his role as Scout leader at 2nd Dereham headquarters in Toftwood.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 7 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
He has been involved in many Scouting activities, including camping opportunities for young people locally and nationally.
Richard Butler, county commissioner of Norfolk Scouts, presented the awards at a St George's Dinner this month. David, Claudette and Chris then attended a service at Windsor Castle attended by the chief scout and Major Gen Sir Michael Hobbs, governor of the Military Knights of Windsor, representing the Queen.
Anyone interested in joining the Scouts can call the Norfolk Scout
office on 01603 504426 or Scout Association information line on 0845 300 1818.