New tourism leaflet for Dereham thanks to town council
- Credit: Ian Burt
A community group has been awarded funding to produce a new tourist leaflet for its town.
The aboutDereham partnership has been awarded the grant by Dereham Town Council after previously producing a well-received leaflet describing the town's main tourist attractions.
Partnership secretary Carolyn Coleman said: "We have had guest houses ask us for copies of the leaflet because it was the only information about what to see and do in Dereham.
"However, we have almost run out of copies and there is no point reprinting the same leaflet with out of date information when we can produce something even better by using professional design, print and distribution."
Mike Webb, chairman of aboutDereham, said that the partnership had also applied to Breckland Council's small grants scheme for match funding.
"The quantity of leaflets we can print and the amount that we are able to distribute will depend on the amount of funding we are awarded.
"We aim to get the leaflet into all the tourist information centres, hotels, bed and breakfasts and other locations where tourist literature can be found right across Norfolk and further afield if possible.
- 1 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Landmark nature project aims to rejuvenate river valley wildlife
- 6 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 7 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 8 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 9 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
- 10 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
"Thanks to local retailers and public houses, we have quite a few literature dispensers in and around Dereham. We have a number of volunteers who help by filling up our literature stands around the town.
"We already have a website listing attractions and events that are going on in Dereham and we have linked our website to tourist information sites to encourage more visitors to the town and we have received our first referrals.
"It is all part of our mission to promote Dereham as a good place to live and a great place to visit."
The grant application was approved at the full council meeting on April 9.
The aboutDereham Partnership is an association of voluntary and community groups based in and near Dereham with a common aim of raising the profile of the town and informing visitors and residents of the many activities and attractions in the town.
There is more information on the website .