Dereham Town hit five to reach Norfolk Senior Cup semi-finals
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham safely progressed into the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup after seeing off a hard-working Diss side at Aldiss Park on Tuesday evening.
In the opening 10 minutes Diss defender Soloman Pope cleared Ryan Crisp's drive off the line before visiting keeper Jake Hayhoe made fine saves from Robbie Linford and Jay Eastoe-Smith.
After Hayhoe had made another great save to deny Toby Hilliard the Magpies took the lead in the 21st minute. Jake Anema found Crisp on the left and the striker progressed into the box and netted with a fierce shot.
Diss were competing well and skipper Tom Ramsay scored with a low drive from the left hand side of the box to level matters in the 31st minute. The Magpies regained the lead in the 38th minute with a well worked goal. Beaumont sent Hilliard away down the right and centred to enable Crisp to head home his second of the night.
On half-time Crisp guided the ball over the top from close range but the Magpies increased their advantage in the 44th minute when Hilliard chased down a back pass that fell short and stabbed home. After the break Lewis Cooke found space just outside the home area but his shot was saved by Dereham keeper Oliver Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies were reduced to 10 men when Eastoe-Smith was dismissed for handball on the line in the 52nd minute and Virgilio Leitao slotted home the resultant spot-kick to reduce the deficit.
Diss keeper Hayhoe made another excellent save to keep out Hilliard's thunderbolt drive before denying Jarvis. However the home side increased their lead in the 66th minute when Linford scored with a 20 yard volley. As the pressure continued Heyhoe palmed aside Hilliard's close range effort as he lunged in at the near post.
- 1 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 2 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 9 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
On time Floris Burgers ran on to net with a fine individual effort to secure a comfortable victory. Dereham: O Thomson, O Murphy, J Anema, R Linford, J Eastoe-Smith, A Howell, T Hilliard, F Burgers, R Crisp (D Hinton 57), A Jarvis, D Beaumont. Subs:J Forshaw, R Logan.
Dereham have no game on Saturday, giving some of their rivals a chance to close the gap at the top with one of their games in hand. The Magpies return to action at Aldiss Park on Tuesday evening (7.45pm) when they take on mid-table Grays Athletic.