Dereham walkers group to celebrate anniversary with five mile ramble
- Credit: Archant
A Dereham walking group will mark its anniversary with a walk to Etling Green via Neatherd Moor.
The Dereham Walkers are Welcome group will also hold its second annual meeting on June 16, after the two hour walk, starting at 1.30pm.
The five mile route will begin at Church House and proceed down the High Street past the railway station, to Etling Green via Neatherd, before recrossing the railway line to come back into town.
After returning to Dereham, refreshments will be provided as part of the annual meeting, which will review progress made and discuss ideas for the future.
Walkers are Welcome is a scheme encouraging towns and villages to enjoy walking opportunities in their areas.
You may also want to watch:
Well behaved dogs are welcome and the scheme is free of charge, but any donations are welcomed.
Details of walks are available from Ken Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07505 426750, although booking is not necessary.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 9 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 10 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry