Santa spreads Christmas cheer at town’s windmill
- Credit: Archant
Despite being bang in the middle of his annual 'busy season', Father Christmas has taken time out of his festive schedule to greet children at a mid Norfolk windmill.
The North Pole's most famous resident spent two days at Dereham Windmill in the lead-up to Christmas as part of an annual visit to the to the iconic structure.
Helen Frayer, from the windmill, said: "Santa was here for two days and over that time we had around 170 children come to see him.
"They all got a present, they all seemed extremely happy and there were a lot of smiley faces as they were going out.
"We've done it for several years and it's always a popular event."
You may also want to watch:
Ms Frayer said the whole windmill had been decorated for Christmas, with artwork on display from pupils at the Toftwood Infant and Junior School Federation.
The windmill has now closed for the winter, and will reopen in March 2020.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000